Monday, July 5, 2010

New Developments

So, just a few things to write about. I'm currently at the desk, working a shift from 8:00 a.m. until noon. Someone else is supposed to be here with me, but they didn't show up, so it's just me. Whatever, if something gets screwed up, it's not my fault...

Last night being fourth of July, Bree, A.J. and I drove around searching for fireworks. I ended up driving erratically for about 20 miles, chasing explosions. We finally found a little development, where they were apparently having a community party. (we weren't the only crashers, so I didn't feel too bad) We pulled up on the side of the street, got out and sat on the car to watch the fireworks. We only parked in time to see the finale, but we saw a lot while driving too. After fireworks, we went back to their place, and made Flag cookies, played with sparklers and poppers, and made s'mores around a bonfire. It was a nice way to spend the holiday.

Bree and A.J. have done a really great job of keeping me busy this last week. It's been really hard not talking to Jess, because it was almost habitual. Something funny would happen, I'd text Jess and tell him. We'd be doing something fun, I'd take a picture and send it to Jess. The worst is whenever I look at the clock and see 11:11, because he was always telling me to wish. Lately I'd been wishing he'd propose soon, so it's like a little pang each time I see the clock. I wonder if he misses me too... At this point, I'm pretty angry with him in general. I know we wouldn't get back together, but it'd be nice to know that the last six years meant a little more to him.

On a happier note, I've been doing a "Biggest Loser" type competition with my coworkers. Today was the first weigh-in after our start date a week ago. Though I could have done better, I lost 2.4 lbs, and I'm pretty happy with that! I'm hoping once I get into my apartment and can cook real food for myself, I'll be doing much better and eating healthier. Either way, it's a start.

So that's that... the updates in my life. Have a pleasant day, dear readers!

No comments: