Wednesday, July 28, 2010

In My Apartment

I'm sorry it's taken so long to write again... A lot has been going on here, and it's made writing really difficult. Bree cheated on Austin (A.J.) and wants him out of the apartment, so now he has to move back to Kentucky. I'm driving him home on Saturday. Until that time, he basically spends every moment with me. It's hard for him to be at the apartment with her, or alone. As a result, I don't really get a hole lot of alone time.

On the upside, I've also been super busy because of the move. I've moved everything into my apartment. For the most part, everything has a place too. There are still a few little miscellaneous bags and containers around, but on the whole, mostly unpacked. This place feels giant to me... I have a bedroom (with a full bed... no more twin!) and a bathroom, a kitchen and dining room, and then a living room, and what I assume is supposed to be a second bedroom. However, I don't have a second bed and have since turned this room into my "home office." My real office is just down the hall.

The biggest hang up of the place has been the kitchen. I don't have a kitchen trash can yet, or a dish drying rack. Currently, I have a trash bag taped around a door knob and when I do dishes, I just lay out a towel and hope for the best. The stove is also a smaller stove... the surface area on top is fine if you're cooking alone, but trying to make breakfast for three people is a tricky situation. There isn't enough space to have more than one pan going at once.

For now, I put together a simple pie this afternoon, and once Austin and Connie get here this evening, I'm cooking dinner for us all. (Pasta and breadsticks, but at least I'm trying) Then tomorrow, Austin has an appointment with the tattoo parlor to get his neck tattoo covered up. (he got Bree's name on his neck, which I said was a poor choice to begin with)

For now, dear readers, I shall let you all go. Have a lovely day!

No comments: