Friday, July 16, 2010

Being Productive for Once

All in all, even with a nap, today was a fairly productive day for me. I got up this morning and showered before work. Usually I just wash my face and brush my teeth, then shower after work, because the shift runs from 6:30 a.m. until 9:30 a.m. But anyway, I showered and then went to work for what was our busiest day yet. We did check-ins for over 200 people, and it all went really well. Everyone held it together and we didn't have any major hang-ups or snafus.

After my shift ended, I went out and treated myself to "lunch" (It was barely 10 a.m. but I'd been up for four hours, so I call it lunch) at Panera Bread. It was nice to do something special. After, I ran to Kohls because I had a gift card. I found a really cute dress ($55 marked down to $11) that was actually really comfortable, and got it for next year. Then, I went and got my hair cut and my eyebrows waxed, something else I hadn't done in awhile. My hair is finally really growing out, which means it also gets super-fluffy, and it was really needing to be thinned out.

This brought me to noon, which meant going back to work for the hour model room shift. This is where I stand around and answer any and all questions that parents throw at me. I actually really enjoy doing this, and I got to work with Dan during it, which is always fun. Mostly because sometimes he makes up answers and I'm the only one that notices... It was funny to see how parents, mostly fathers, would pass right by me to ask him a question...

So, after my incredibly productive morning, I went back to my room and took a much needed nap. It was going on 2:00 before I fell asleep, but I dragged myself out of bed again around 5:45, took another shower, and ran out to pick up a few things and get dinner before my last shift for today. Now I'm working the desk from 8:00 til midnight, then sleeping and getting up tomorrow for my last day of DKS!

On another note, Jess received my message, and he definitely looked at it. I know this because Myspace tells you when a message has been read. This could also mean that he just glanced at it, but I'm okay with that. Basically this means he either refused to listen to what I needed to say, or he read it and has no argument against what I've said. Either way, this is what I wanted and needed. So, after a lovely day, tomorrow promises to be oh so bright and shiny.

No comments: