Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Strange Dream... Let Me Tell You About It...

So, I took a rather long nap... longer than I intended
I fell asleep around 2, and didn't get up till 6
I had a weird dream... very strange
My dreams are getting progressively stranger...

Of everything I dreamed, one of the strangest was the last
I had a dream that I was a French girl, living in Paris 
It was an older time period, and I know that
Because I was wearing one of the giant, hoopskirted dresses
And giant pantaloon things underneath...
Plus, these really pretty, jewel enncrusted ballet-type slippers
Which I guess technically are a modern shoe, 
But in my dream, they fit right in...
Wow, giant digression... but it matters, I suppose

Anyway...
My mother (who was not my actual, real life mother...
I've never seen this woman before)
Okay, another digression... Usually, I dream about real people
But lately, it's been a lot of people I've never met before

Either way... 
Basically, I was getting into a carriage, 
I overhead my mother talking to another woman
She apparently decided that I was supposed to go to America
So, I flipped out... I yelled, "America?!"
And this boy, I think he was the other woman's son...
Appeared and said, "This is how you told her?"
And then I was yelling, "You knew?!?!"

I jumped out of the carriage
I was running up the hill, trying to rip off my jacket
And the boy was running after me... he was in love with me
And I was laying on the ground, ripping off my shoes
Trying to take off my jacket, which was stuck on one arm
He very softly was telling me "I think you ought to keep that..."
It was cold... but I was sobbing, saying, 
"I don't want it, I don't want it..." Flailing my arm...
Finally the jacket came off, and then he saw my shoes were off too
And made a comment, very quiet, and really insightful
That I wanted the shoes off because they were French
And he talked about "ballet" being French
So then I was crying and cradling the shoe...

All of a sudden, it was like watching a movie
And it wasn't me anymore, it was Gaby Hoffman
(she's in Now and Then, and a few other movies)
The boy was the guy from Wedding Crashers
(the one that paints the picture... Todd)
So then, she finally sat up, and was crying
He said something to her, but I don't remember what
But then a voice-over said, "And so she married Anguille"
And then they kissed, and I woke up.

No comments: