Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Perfectly Lovely Day

So, today was just about the best day ever
Honestly and seriously, the best day I've had in a while
I slept in, then showered and went to Dan's office
Picked up the random extra filing cabinet
(Which my record player fits nicely on)
And then came back to my room...

Britt and A.J. called, 
Wanting to know if I wanted to go to the beach
They found this really nice park
That's not too far from Kent at all...
So we all went swimming...

A.J. brought his Scrabble towel,
Which comes with little foam, waterproof letters
So the three of us played Scrabble,
Right there on the beach!
It was amazing on so many levels
Because it felt very real and spontaneous
And made me feel different and special...
I'm insane, I know...

Afterwards, we stopped at Dairy Queen
And had ice cream on the way home.
I took a quick shower, then went to dinner 
Aaron cooked!  My favorite!  
And we chatted and had a leisurely dinner
It was nice to just sit and talk
And then I went back to my room
To do laundry and some more unpacking...

Then I went upstairs and watched TV with Katie C.
Jon and Kate Plus 8 had their season premier...
It was exciting... We shared our opinions
On everyone and everything about the show
Whilst it was playing... which made it HILARIOUS

And even though I'm thoroughly frustrated
Because this stupid internet isn't working
(I had to type this out in notepad originally)
It was a really nice night.
Class starts tomorrow... wish me luck!

No comments: