Thursday, October 8, 2009

Oh, Children...

Went to my Aunt's this evening for dinner
I took Halloween cards and candy to my little cousins
And in return, they made me drawings, cards and pictures.
They're quite the little artists.

My little cousin Gillian is six... Nathan is 8, and Anna is almost 3.
They are friends with the neighborhood kids,
A brother and sister, who, I think, are around 11 and 7 years old

My older cousin and their older brother Sean, was also there.
He's in his late 20's I believe, or maybe early 30's...
Either way, he's older than me by a handful.
He was outside playing soccer with the kids while I was inside
Drinking tea and watching Wheel of Fortune with my Aunt.

Sean came in, looked at me, and laughed.
Of course, I asked what was so funny,
To which he replied, "Gillian just announced you have chubby boobies."
And he laughed some more.

Gillian, Nathan, Anna, the neighbor boy, and the neighbor girl
ALL walk through the door
And proceed to stare at me.
I blushed twelve shades of pink and stared at the table
I couldn't look children in the eyes... It was a humbling moment.

Then the 11 year old complimented my purse
(It's large, pink, and covered with Charlie the Unicorn)
And they all left...
And I was left there to ponder where children learn such things...

Either way, I suppose she's right...

No comments: