Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Not Poetry... Coincidentally, 3 Line Stanzas

It's painfully irritating to me,
That laying together in the darkness
You always know the exact right thing to do...

Like kissing the back of my bare shoulder
It's so intimate... Like we'd never be anything but close
The moment is perfect, in and of itself... And it feels safe

Or how in the car, when it gets quiet
And a good song comes on...
Sometimes it just feels right that your hand is touching mine...

That we can say things like, "I love you"
And, "I really do care about you."
And we know that we both mean it...

We both realized that even though we love each other
I don't think that we like each other...
And we found out a long time ago that love isn't enough... not for us, anyway.

Because I have ambitions, and so do you
They're just nowhere near the same page
I don't even think we're reading the same book

And we both have those habits
That neither one is ready to give up
And the other can't handle, and we know it.

I guess for now, it's nice to have someone there to say, "I love you."
At the same time, it's just hard to hear it,
And know that it isn't going to last.

No comments: