Sunday, March 22, 2009

Would You Like to Hear What I've Done for Two Days?

Yesterday, I closed up my building for Spring break
And then spent a lovely hour with my boss, Dan
And my floor partner, Tom...
Tom and I had to do all the reports from room checks...
Since Tom was on duty, I volunteered to go too, 
So he and I inventoried the building for damages, 
And chatted... And it was very nice...
Then I moved across campus for Spring Break.

For starters, they had to place me in a boy's room, 
Because there were no female spaces available in the building... 
But the one boy had moved completely out...
Regardless, housekeeping has not been here, 
So there are pieces of ramen noodle and junk scattered on the floor, 
And the microwave is filthy...

But the big thing was the fact that the bed is lofted, 
However, the safety rail is against the wall
Me being the giant four-year-old that I am, 
I get scared to sleep up there, 
Because I move around a lot in my sleep... 
So I had to drag the mattress to the floor...
And that's where I'm sleeping...

By the time all this was said and done,
It was after 4:00 a.m.
Needless to say, I slept late...
This afternoon... Well, technically yesterday
I picked up my duty phone for the week, 
Then went back to sleep...
I got up, went to Goodwill
And I got three "new" records...
The Lettermen, Elton John, and Englebert Humperdinck...
My Dad always sings the latter at karaoke...
I felt like it was a well-spent 86 cents...

When all that was said and done, 
I went to the library and took out books
Because I've deemed this "No TV week"
Actually, I didn't bring my TV
So I took out five books, 
And finished four of them already...
I finally managed to read something by Kurt Vonnegut
Though it's not Cat's Cradle, which I've reapeatdly tried to read...
It's at least something... 
And I reread Flowers For Algernon and Of Mice and Men
Books I haven't read since I was about fourteen
And it was beautiful... And I understood a lot more 

Well, now it's nearing 3:30 a.m.
And I've been done with rounds for an hour and a half...
It's so utterly quiet with no one here
I honestly jumped at my own reflection...
I think tomorrow I'll be off to the library for more books...
The only one I've got left to read is Gone With the Wind
Which I don't know if I'm ready to start yet...

The hour grows later and later...
Goodnight, and have a lovely Sunday!

No comments: