Saturday, March 14, 2009

3:00 a.m. And Awake

Regardless of how this might sound,
This is a HAPPY post
And I want you to know that.

Tonight, after a long week,
I went to go see a movie, by myself
And it was me in the dark
With my popcorn
Really watching the movie
And for a few hours, I was somewhere else

Afterwards, I felt lovely
And real
I ran to do some errands
And I still felt real
And okay
Even though I was by myself

And I realized there's something
I've been hanging on to
For a long time now
And tonight, I'm finally ready
To let that go

While I was thinking all this
In the car by myself
I took out my phone to record it
So I wouldn't forget 
Exactly what I wanted to say
And I hope I never forget
How I've never heard myself
Sound that steady and calm

And I know that I'll be okay

1 comment:

kellerie said...

that is fantastic! being completely at peace and comfortable with yourself is a great feeling, and more important than any other relationship you could ever have.