Sunday, February 22, 2009

Sonnets...

Wow!  So, looking back through some of my old notebooks and journals, I found the sonnets that I wrote forever ago... Back when I was a sophomore in high school!  Some I wrote because I wanted to, and some for vocabulary assignments...

Let me just say now, I love sonnets.  I love the flow and the meter and the rules to it... I love the way it bounces along when you speak...  I digress... Here are some of my favorites out of the dozen or more that I wrote, uncensored and straight from my 15-year-old mind...  None of them are titled, just numbered...

Sonnet #2

A heart of love to melt away the snow
And fill my days with happiness and sun
To make the lovely oaks and roses grow
And stay with me till all our days are done.
He'll chase away the sun from where we lay
And keep me in his heart for days gone by
He'll hold my hand, and sit with me and stay
And stop my tears when I begin to cry.
Where has he gone? My love, my joy, my life?
Abandoned me, gone on to better days
Alone to deal with trouble and with strife
And find my way through this sorrowful haze.
      When he's by my side, I'm so full of glee
      But life without him is no life for me.


Sonnet #7

The sun shines down upon my smiling face
I lay upon the grass and look above
I watch the clouds, across the sky they race
It fills my heart with happiness and love.
The softness of the wind surrounds my form
It caresses me, and lifts me to content
Despite the cool, I cannot feel unwarm
This is the way that my days should be spent.
He takes my hand and whispers in my ear
He holds me close and I know that I'm safe
He wipes away my every doubt and fear
He makes me smile, he gives me hope... and faith.
      I've never felt such happiness before
      I never know just what he has in store.


Sonnet #15

It seems I show a proclivity
To be a commiserator with peers
Even those who's tenousness irks me
They wheedle me until I'm brought to tears
Even though my peers are noncommital
In helping me to expedite my dreams
Just telling you, I am ascribable
Because I get no credit, so it seems.
Please don't think I do not want to help them
Nominally, they'd like to help me too.
But their circuitous nature is a gem
To keep from having anything to do.
      This is truly an abomination
      I just want to feel collaboration.


No comments: