Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Ash Wednesday and Lenten Resolutions

I know that it's only a little after one in the morning
So it really hasn't been Ash Wednesday long at all
But this year, I decided to stop swearing for Lent.
And already, I am seeing how difficult this is going to be.

I knew that I swore quite often, but honestly
I don't think I ever realized that I swear THIS much.
I have carefully calculated each and every word
That has come out of my mouth...

Even though I'm not voicing the swear words
I can still hear them in my mind... 
And there are a lot of them... 
But an hour into this, I haven't slipped up yet.


2 comments:

kellerie said...

it gets easier after about a week

Amanda Faye said...

I swore seven times on the first day, and five times today... pretty good for me...