Thursday, February 12, 2009

Rapid Fire Blogging

Okay, so this one is going to be quick
Because it's already three in the morning
But I had a total college experience
And I thought it was funny
And that I would share it here, because
It made me smile a little bit.

So I had to write a paper for a class
Basically talking about gender messages
And how old I was when I realized I was a girl
Or something like that...
We're using these papers to do a class activity
And to do this, we have to analyze using articles
Which I should have read before this
But I got behind on the reading
So I stayed up late to finish it tonight.

While reading, I put a movie in for noise
So I got through The Last Unicorn
And then I put in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Then, I decided I was hungry
And I made some Ramen noodles...
This was around 1:00 in the morning,
When Eternal Sunshine had just started...

Anyway, it struck me as kind of absurd
Because I was sitting in the middle of the floor
Leaned up against the couch; 
Open book half on my lap, half on the footstool
Eating Ramen noodles, and at that point,
Half-reading, half-watching the movie
And it seemed very... stereotypical college student.
So I wanted to write that down...

Tomorrow, well technically, today if you wanna be picky
After my first four classes,
I'm going with Brittany and Aud to the dog park in Akron
So I can run and romp and play with Moose and Beast.
Then I'm coming home and going to my last class
And doing homework... It's going to be lovely.  
Have a peachy day.

No comments: