Monday, May 3, 2010

Listening to My Crazy

So today my boyfriend posted Youtube videos online
And it's him playing guitar and his friend Sondra singing.
I'll start with positives...
He plays really well, and her voice is so gorgeous.
The videos are just beautiful, honestly.

It's just hard for me, because even though she's with another guy
And they say that they're like a brother and sister
(Jess is not a cheater, and I know he wouldn't do that)
It's really hard for me to watch these videos...
In fact, I almost cried all over the place...
Because she seems like a better fit for him...

As they sit there singing songs that I don't know
With an equal talent and love for music
And I sit here, not able to carry a tune in a bucket
Looking at how pretty she is, and how beautiful they sound together.
It makes me feel less than adequate
Which is basically how I've been feeling about a lot of things lately

And I understand that I'm just being nuts,
And that he's with me because he wants to be
It's still hard to see.

No comments: