Sunday, November 1, 2009

I Don't Know How to Play This Game...

Okay, so a few posts ago, you may remember me mentioning a Halloween party
At said party, there was a boy... He will be known as "Boy" henceforth
Because I'm not going to mention names... It's easier that way...

At the party, he was very nice to me and very gentlemanly...
We talked throughout the night, and at one point he asked about school.
I told him a little about where I go, and that I stay on campus,
And he asked me, "Is your roommate hot too?"
Sheepishly replied I didn't have a roommate... Inside I was thinking, "too... that means I'm hot!"

Since the party, he's called and texted a handful of times...
We talked on the phone one night for 2 hours, then he hung up because he was tired.
He called back about fifteen minutes later because he couldn't sleep
And we talked for another hour before we went to bed.

Anyway, last night was Halloween duty... Which was a very long night
Though, not bad by traditional Halloween duty standards,
Especially because I live in a tower style building... I only had one write-up

So, Boy knew that I wasn't able to be on the phone. It just wasn't possible
But he called a couple times anyway... One time I was actually able to answer
And he told me that he just wanted to hear my voice... I smiled and said, "aww"
Then I had to hang up... He called back a minute later and said, "One more time."

I just think it's unbelievably sweet. He called later in the night, and I talked for a few minutes
And I said, "Goodnight, Boy" (only I used his name) when I hung up...
He called back and said with a smile in his voice, "Say, "Boy" one more time?" (again, not really "boy")
So I did, and I could tell he smiled again, and then said goodnight.

He says that I "get him" and that I'm too cool to be as old as I am...
That I pay attention more than people twice my age...
But I don't know if he means cool as in, "You're cool, dude"
Or "You're a really cool girl..." Because it's definitely different...

I don't know how to play this awkward "what are we?" kind of game
Because I don't know if we're friends, or what the heck is going on
And I'm not assuming anything... for now I just feel pretty good
At least I know someone thinks I'm halfway interesting...

Anyway, dear readers, I hope you all had a pleasant Halloween...
One more week til my 21st birthday! Ciao!

1 comment:

rockdog57 said...

hey my darling daughter,
sounds like it could very well be the beginnings of "the real deal".
just remind him your father will hunt him down like a rabid dog if he causes you pain and what i'll take from him... lol
glad you are felling better honey, happy the medicine is working for you. i won't whine about my aches. :)
hope to see you soon. love you,
dad