Wednesday, November 18, 2009

To Quote AJ...

"Our feet are soggy and we are not sharing this fukin rum."
Yes... this is how I'm starting my blog... with a quote from another blog.

This past Saturday night was an adventure of sorts...
Nikki came to Kent, and I went to visit with her, Bree and AJ
After a delicious dinner of oven baked chicken (AJ and I made it)
And cheesy potatoes (which was all Bree)
We settled down to play a rousing game of "Beer"
It's a drinking card game... Simple enough concept. Do what the card says.
AJ was the only one drinking beer... he likes it, for some strange reason.
Nikki, Bree and I were drinking wine spritzers... Which I do not care for
If the point of drinking is to be drunk, then why not do shots?
Get it over with quickly...

Well, AJ and I wanted liquor to do shots... Bree and Nikki didn't.
They also insisted they were too "drunk" to drive...
One wine spritzer DOES NOT make you intoxicated.
So, AJ and I trekked across the complex, road, and campus to get to my car
(And surprisingly, got no calls from Bree)
Forty-five minutes and a potty break later, we arrived at my car.

I would like to point out, that at this point, we had stopped drinking for a few hours
I had not consumed a large amount of alcohol
And I had eaten dinner... Lots of dinner.
I was NOT in any shape, form or fashion driving drunk.
Anyway...

We drove to Wal-Mart, no good booze.
Campus Wine Cellar, just wine. (How many college kids are sipping wine on Saturday nights?)
So we tried this little liquor store down the road
And it turned out to be a bar and restaurant... Who names their restaurant, "____ Liquor?"
So we decided to drive to Stow, for Giant Eagle.

On the way to Stow, I remembered TLC Liquor
A little liquor store on the way...
It's only 10:30 at night, mind you...
And the liquor store is CLOSED.
What liquor store in their right mind closes at 10:3o on a Saturday
IN A COLLEGE TOWN?
Dumbest thing I've ever heard of...

So we continued to Giant Eagle, and got a bottle of pineapple rum.
Which AJ and I refused to share, because we had walked all that way
And adventured through Kent, Ravenna and Stow to get it.
Retrospectively, a whole bottle of rum is a lot for just two people
Especially when you're just doing shots...
And you each do 12 in an hour... and finish the bottle.

We both threw up... and perhaps, learned our lesson.
All in all though, an adventure worth having.

No comments: