Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Veteran's Day

Today is Veteran's day, which means no classes...
I only had one anyway, but still... It's nice
It also means no office hours and no community hours
Which I think is about the BEST thing I've heard.
I slept til 1:00 and finally caught up on sleep.

This past weekend was my 21st birthday... Long weekend.
Friday night, I went to Dan's house... Connie and Andrew (and later Dani) came too.
Andrew sneakily made me a birthday cake, and carried it in without me knowing.
It was really sweet of him. He was the only one that made a cake all weekend.
And Dan baked a zillion goodies, just like he always does.

Saturday, Celia came up to visit. She'd never been before.
We went to Olive Garden with Bree and A.J.
Shopping at Target and the Exchange
(Bree got me a birthday crown and A.J. got me the CD I've wanted)
Then back to their house to play Guitar Hero and Quelf (board game)
Then, Celia and I came back to my place to get ready.

At midnight, Celia, Connie and myself went to the bars.
I got to spin the birthday wheel at Ray's, which is apparently a tradition.

Then we went to Water Street Tavern, which was too loud and too crowded
But some random guy saw my birthday crown and yelled,
"It's your birthday?! BIRTHDAY KISS!" And swooped down and kissed my cheek
Sort of... it was more my temple/hair area... But he was drunk.

Next, we went to the Loft... Celia and I saw Becky, a girl we cheered with
She insisted on buying me a shot... I insisted I didn't need one.
I tried to walk away and she grabbed my arm and said, "No, you can't leave!"
So I did the shot...

Now we come to my FAVORITE part of the night
Connie insisted I try this thing called a Rocket Pop...
Think of the firecracker popsicles you ate when you were little...
It's this big mug, and the colors actually separate...
There's red and white and blue, and it's all fizzy
There's also a shot glass thrown into the mug, which I, for the life of me, didn't understand
I kept asking, "There's a shot glass in my mug... WHY would they put a shot glass in my mug?"
Connie just kept laughing at me...
Either way, it was delicious and my favorite thing all night

Then we went to Zephyr for a bit
Tabi and her boyfriend Andrew (not the same Andrew from earlier) came too
And I touched the neon bar sign
It wasn't hot and it didn't shock me, and I was surprised
Tabi laughed at me a lot...
And that was Sunday night...

Sunday, Celia woke me up at 11:30, and we went to breakfast downstairs...
Then drove back to Vermilion.
I went for lunch with my mom (Chinese food, like always)
Then went to the bar and did a shot of Wild Turkey
Because the ladies there thought it was a joke
By the way, it tastes terrible and burns endlessly

After, I went out to Gen's house... I got to see everyone
Felicia, Mr. and Mrs. Mercer, Gen, Jeremy, and even (finally) Aydenn
He's already six months old... it took me awhile to get out there
And it was nice to see everyone again.

Finally, I went to Nikki's house... Her mom made dinner
And I ate with them, and her Dad explained the log cabin he's helping build
Nikki and I went to Target and looked around at Christmas stuff
And it was a lot of fun...

Overall, just a really good weekend.
I had a lot of fun...
But I don't feel older.

No comments: