Friday, June 26, 2009

Finally Taking Some Time...

I realize that I haven't updated in awhile... all you people out there in blog world are, I'm sure, chomping at the bit, waiting for the next update about my boring, mundane life... Well, chomp no more!

I'm stuck at the desk for just over an hour,
And my brain has officially melted past the point
That I can even concentrate on Rollercoaster Tycoon...
That's how I KNOW I need to go to bed...

Anyway, yesterday, Andrew and Jamie vistited from Toledo
So the three of us, and Dan went out for dinner
Which was lovely... it was good to see them all again
Plus, last weekend, Connie came up!

This is a whole story in itself... Connie got here Friday afternoon
We decided to drive to Ikea in Pittsburgh...
It was an absolute blast! We went to the mall too, which was a lot of fun
And we didn't even get lost on the way there!

I also learned that in Pennsylvania, they make you pay when you get ON the turnpike
Instead of when you get off... And I didn't like this.
In fact, I was so irritated, that as we pulled up to the booth
I exclaimed, "$3.75?!?! Pennsylvania can lick my balls..."
Connie thought it was hilarious... The toll booth operator wasn't quite so tickled...
And now that I'm typing this, I realize I sound fairly ignorant...
Ohwell... it makes for an entertaining story...

So, we did lots of browsing at Ikea, and only ended up with a few purchases...
Both of us got reusable shopping bags with the logo on them...
And Connie found a hot pink toilet brush and pizza cutter
(In case you were wondering, separate items... not a set)
And I found this really nifty silverware (plasticware) with matching bowls.
So what if they're made for small children... the colors are neat.

Then on Saturday, we went to Vermilion for the Fish festival.
Britt, A.J. and Nikki were there too...
And we had a lot of fun. Connie found a little rubber duck for her sister
And we ate lots of fair food (Connie had her first chocolate covered oreo!)
We all hung out at Nikki's for awhile and played Gamecube
Which Connie was hilariously terrible at...
And then came back to Kent.

At this point, Connie and I went to see Dani
Because she was in Kent moving stuff into her apartment
So we went to the housewarming/21st birthday party for Dani's friend, Katie
Where Connie and I warbled along merrily with the karaoke machine
Which was a blasty blast...

Sunday morning, we squeezed in one last activity before Connie left
And went to Chapel Hill mall... It was a good weekend for malls
We managed to find a couple really good sales... which is always awesome.
Then, Connie left me, and I stood in the parking lot and waved
Until she was out of sight... sadface...

But yes, that was my blasty blast of a weekend...
It's been nice to see so many friends... I'm really glad
Well, this ate up about ten minutes... I can't focus on this blog
I hope there wasn't something else I meant to say...
Goodbye for now!

No comments: