Saturday, January 31, 2009

General Happy Things


Well, the new semester has started.
I ended up having to drop a class
In order to make everything fit,
But that's okay, I'm happy with my schedule.

So far, I've read 8 books this month.
Which I'm very happy about.  
And some of them are new books,
Which makes me very happy.

Swing and ballroom dancing are wonderful
It's honestly the high point of my week
Because even when I screw it up,
I'm having so much fun doing it...

Actually, we're also learning swing 
During the ballroom class...
So I'm getting fairly good at it...
A boy even called me the "expert."

I walked up and introduced myself, and said,
"So do you think you've got it?"
And he goes, "No, I'm not sure, and you're the expert."
So I said, "I'm hardly the expert."

And do you know what he said?
He told me, "Well, you're making it look easy."
And that felt great, because I've never ever
Been the best at anything...

Thursday night, I went out to the bar with Aaron
And it was just a blast and a half
It was so nice to see him again.
He's in Tennessee for an internship this semester.

Anyway, I'm going to put up a picture 
From Thursday night.
It's us on the dance floor!
Have a nice evening, everyone!


1 comment:

Ahhlee! said...

yay swing! Lindy Hop has taken over my life. :)

I go to the swing club once a week and pretty much any other places that I get the chance to go to.