Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year, New Start

Well, this is the first post of the new year.
I'll take a few minutes to sum up the end of 2008.
It was a doozy...

I managed to back into a car in the parking lot here.
It was the girl from accounting... 
Luckily, it didn't really do anything to her car.
It cracked the back bumper of mine.

I took cookies to my friend Tom on Christmas Eve.
That was exciting, because I hadn't seen him in years
And I'd forgotten how awesome he is.

I got to go look at Christmas lights
With Jess, because he was the only one that could
Also, that night, I managed to back into something else.
Jess's Aunt Mary's mailbox...
Which annihilated the mailbox, and only further damaged my back bumper.
Then, I went to Nikki's house, where we watched Robot Chicken
And then went to bed.

Christmas morning was lovely.
I got Horton Hears a Who 
A Taylor Swift CD,
And a raquetball set from "Santa"
And then from Brittany and Aud, 
I got The Dark Knight, Redvines and a gift card.

I got to visit with Jess again that day,
And we went to see a movie, Yes Man
Which was very very funny.

Since then, I came back to Kent State
And continued to work.  
I spent New Years with Katie, Sabina and Jerry
And it was a blast!
We played games and watched the ball drop...

So this is the first day of 2009
And I've just lounged around all day...
So now, I'm sitting here in a bathrobe,
Watching the Looney Tunes marathon that's on Cartoon Central.

I hope your 2009 is going well!

No comments: