Monday, September 22, 2008

It's Been Forever Since I've REALLY Written

So I realized tonight, that the last thing I wrote was in January, as a Valentine's Day gift, and I haven't written anything creative since then... This made me sad, so I attempted to bang something out... I'm a little rusty, but here it is...

When the Wind Stops Talking

As my heavy lidded eyes close,
Yield to sleep, believing your arms
Will be strong enough
To hold me, and the moment, forever
To never let it end
That you'll never, never
Let the wind take me away

The cold wind borne on the midnight sky
Will whisper secrets our ears aren't supposed to hear
But, I'll hear what it says
And I'm not sure if I should
Because the wind will give me all the answers
To questions I never wanted to ask
Because for once, inquiring minds don't want to know

So, you'll take my hand, you'll lead me away
To some other place, and some other year
Where who we are won't matter
So finally, I'll step outside into midnight air
And the eerie stillness will have no power
I won't want to know how to change things
It'll be enough that the wind never takes me from you


Tada... there you go... at least it's something... it felt good to write again... I just also wanted to mention briefly that I read Brisingr, the next book in what was supposed to the the Inheritance trilogy, but apparently, it's going to be four books now, which pissed me off... I just wanna know the end of the damn story!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Aww. I love you Amanda.

<3