Friday, September 18, 2009

Love Songs; A Complaint and Praise

I am constantly amazed by how much song lyrics get to me.
And sometimes I wonder if it's just a bad day or not
But it seems like even the songs I don't identify with still upset me.

For instance, let's talk about Taylor Swift
(And in no way am I putting her down, I love her music)
It's not really applicable beyond high school
But the general emotions are something everyone's felt.

For instance, I've heard the song, "You Belong to Me"
Enough times to make me want to rip the radio out of my car...
Too much of a good thing can be a bad thing
But tonight, I saw the video for it, and it's making it's way back up
Into my list of favorite songs again.
Mostly because I feel like even though this isn't Senior prom,
I'm still that geeky little girl that's always desperately in love
And just can't say it.

Furthermore, tonight I was reading some stuff by Jay Brannan
(I suggest if you haven't listened to him, give him a try... http://jaybrannan.com/index2.html)
And he makes a lot of points about how even though
We may not BE the person in the song, we still relate to the feelings
And it's sent me on a tangent of emotional songs
Which, for better or worse, is kind of messing with my mind tonight...

No matter... I like it. It's nice to feel things and know
That you aren't the only person that's ever felt alone, or scared, or pushed aside.

So that's my tangent for tonight.
You should give Jay Brannan a listen... especially if you like Folk music.
Goodnight and pleasant dreams!

No comments: