Saturday, September 5, 2009

Hooray for Happy Dreams...

So last night, I had this dream...
I went back to my high school for some reason
And I ran into a boy that I went to school with

I'd forgotten that he was so much taller than me
(Though taller, not heavier than me)
But in my dream, I ran up to hug him,
Because I was so happy to see him again

As I threw my arms around his neck,
He wrapped one arm around my back
And lifted me up into the air, effortlessly
While he twirled me around, I just hugged him tighter
Wrapping my legs around his waist
Sort of koala bear style, but more like a little kid getting a piggyback ride.

And in my dream, it was just so good to see him again
And know that he was okay, and happy
When I woke up, I felt glad and light and lovely.
I hope that wherever he is and whatever he's doing
That he really is okay...
He was the kid in high school that I felt like I should protect
So it was great to have a dream in which he was strong
And independent and holding me up...
Symbolism, anyone? I like to think so...

Anyway, that was my dream last night
And now, I'm off to bed...
Hopefully for more good dreams.
Although, I watched a scary movie earlier
So I can't guarantee that...
Goodnight!

No comments: