Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Yet Another 1:00 a.m.

Okay, so it's not that late... yet
But I'll be up awhile longer...
I have a fifteen page paper due Thursday
Which I started this afternoon...
I don't know why I waited so long...
I just did...

I'll be honest, things have been real hard lately.
It's like I'm running down a path
And I can't stop, even though I can see a drop-off ahead...
It's almost like I want to fall...

Anyway, I have that paper
Plus French homework that I have to do
But I'm taking a few minutes to write this blog...
Because I feel like I HAVE to...

I tried telling someone how I feel...
How I don't think about good things anymore
How I'm generally an unhappy person
And I'm just too tired to keep pretending...
About how all the crap I do, 
How busy I am
Is really just a charade to make it look like
I have a life, and a purpose
Is just an empty shell...
That even though I enjoy doing those things,
I mostly do it because
If I stopped for two seconds
I'd just sink deeper into misery...
I tried telling her about how I wish it would all stop...
Not that I'd do anything...
But I really just don't want to feel this way
Anymore...

And you know what?
She didn't listen...
She told me she didn't want other people's stress
And that me talking that way made her feel sick...
Even though I've ALWAYS listened to her
Whether I agreed or not...

So now one of the few people I trusted to listen
To tell me it's okay
To tell me that even though I feel like I want to die
That I should never, never think that way
That I'm important and loved and needed
Prettymuch sent me away...
And that's where I'm at right now...

I'm going to post another blog
With a poem I've been working on...
And then get back to the French homework
And the paper...

1 comment:

kellerie said...

hey - i'm here if you need me! call anytime!

just remember - life can get way too stressful and out of hand, but it's always worth it in the end.