Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Reminiscing

I was looking back through my old posts, and I found this gem, where I was talking about watching the movie "Love Actually" with my friend Connie:

At one point, I got agitated, looked at her, and said,
"Why isn't he running after her?!?! Why won't anyone run after anyone?"
And Connie just very simply said,
"Nobody runs after anyone in real life, Amanda."
She's right. (May 9, 2009)

While this seems somewhat depressing (It is, I suppose) the comment that was posted was from Kellie, my high school English teacher. (She's inspired me more than she'll ever know) Kellie simply said, "not true! not true! the right one will always run after you."

You know what? I'm finally at a place in my life where I believe that.

1 comment:

kellerie said...

"like" button! :

and, it goes both ways. You've inspired me to be a better person, because you remind me that I can make difference.