Monday, April 12, 2010

Nice Enough Day

Today I woke up early and went to Goodwill in Akron to do community service. They gave us a tour of the place, and it was very big, and very nice. We sorted clothes for awhile, and then headed home. Scariest part: we took a taxi, and there was definitely an empty Miller Lite can under the seat of the van...

Got home, picked up Bree and drove her to work. Then, A.J. and I went to Red Lobster, which is absolutely our most favorite place to eat in the WORLD. We're both completely gluttonous, neither of us stopping until we've devoured everything on our plates... It's a "go big or go home" thing... Ultimate Feasts... Yum.

Then, we still had some time before Bree was done at work, so we decided to take Moose and Beast for a walk. There's a very nice trail around here, so we headed over to that. We got to chit-chat and just generally relax. We walked for about an hour, and got back just in time to pick Bree up from work.

Headed home, and played some Scattergories... I won, Bree came in second, with 54-45-43. We had a lot of fun, because when we know there's no hope, we'll try and use something ridiculous... For instance, Bree tried to use "shotgun" as a toy that starts with "S". A.J. and I argued that one, though I'm pretty sure he generally would consider a shotgun a toy...

After that, we had a little fire, and I fell asleep on the floor in front of the fire place. Beast lay down with me and it was a cozy moment. Plus, the parrot didn't bite me, which is always a plus. I was confused, because it was dark when I woke up, but nonetheless, we still had fun.

Went on a Wal-Mart run, where we looked for Banana Cream Pie... Found one, but it took two hours to thaw, and we didn't want to wait that long, so we settled for some clearance Easter candy. Then, we ran to Burger King and McDonalds (because we all wanted different stuff) and came home to watch Hoarders.

Now, I'm working on fliers for the program we're having Wednesday. It's going to be a late night, because I still have a lot of homework left to do. Regardless, it was a really nice, chill kind of day. Also, I've been devouring books lately, which I think has put me in a better mood... I'm even reading some stuff I've never read before. (I'm generally a creature of habit)

Hope you had a good day too!

No comments: