Monday, November 29, 2010

How to Make Someone Hate Their Job

So, the amazing thing is, it's taken four months to make me absolutely hate the job I've wanted for the last three years. And I mean hate. I do not want to be here, live here, learn here, nothing. I want to be far, far away from this place and everyone here, where they can't get me.

God, the worst thing is, I can't even talk about it. It's all confidential, except for all the people talking about it amongst themselves. I get torn apart and I'm supposed to smile and say, "Okay, this is how I'll fix it." Do you know what it feels like to be told that every aspect of who you are and how you act is wrong? And then I'm not supposed to take that personally?

I understand now my mistake in staying here, and my even bigger mistake in thinking that things could be different here. I shouldn't go to bed crying at night because I don't want to get up and deal with tomorrow.

How am I supposed to be a different person without being someone I'm not? Because then they'll just call me fake. I can change everything about myself, and they're still going to find something wrong.

No comments: