Sunday, September 26, 2010

Such a Busy, Busy Fall

Okay, well... in the last three weeks, there is an insane amount to catch you up on. I really don't even know where to start...

Work has been okay. Difficult and draining, and a little discouraging at times, but full of a lot of good things too. Transitioning to the ARHD role has been very hard for me, and I've had to break ties with a lot of people because of it. It makes me sad that that's the way things have to be. I've also realized even further how convoluted the politics of this place are, and how carefully you have to tread.

On a much happier note, for those of you that read my last post, I found a lot more than a friend in Jon. From the first night, both of us could tell there was something between us. We were instantly comfortable with each other on a level I've never felt before. That following weekend, we went on a date (my first real date) to the Tall Ships Festival in Erie, PA. We had a lot of fun. Couldn't get on the ships because of the lines, but got to go in the museum and to the beach. We also went to a play the next day, which was nifty because he'd done a lot of the set design for it. This past weekend (not yesterday, but last weekend) we went camping at Ohiopyle in PA. Before all was said and done, we decided we were officially a couple, and ever since, we've both just been generally happier people. This weekend, Celia and Jon came and stayed for the weekend. It was really great to see Celia again, and awesome that Jon was actually willing and excited to meet my friends. (Jess never was.)

So all in all, I am doing wonderfully. I am tremendously excited for what's ahead. For now, I've got to go and get some work done!


1 comment: