Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Happy Things

Okay, so I just have to get a couple not-so-happy fact out of the way.
Sunday morning, I ended up in the hospital, AGAIN, for kidney stones.
Luckily, it wasn't horrendous, and I drove myself,
But I was pretty drugged up for the next few days, and missed work Monday.

Also, today my car battery died.
I went to Wal-Mart to get fruit,
And then Beth came and rescued me
When I came out and realized I was stranded.

Okay, on to the happy things...
It's a positive to-do list of sorts...

Today I went running, for the first time in a long time,
And it was really nice... Not totally pleasant, but it felt good.
So this is my goal: I want to start more healthy habits.
I want to try and do things that make me a better person
And that make me feel better about myself.
This included having healthy snacks (I had celery and peanut butter, and an apple)
Even if I eat not-so-healthy food (pizza) at other times.

Most importantly, it means taking a few minutes each day to realize that nobody loves their body all the time.
Everyone has fat days, or bloated days, or days where their face breaks out.
Everyone is going to have to buy clothes in sizes they don't necessarily like at some time in their lives.
But what's important is knowing that if you really want to, you can work to change it.
And even if the scale tells you something you don't want to see,
It's really just a number... What's important is to really be healthy
And to do what you can to try and be comfortable with yourself.

So starting today, I want to run, or walk, or crawl, or whatever I have to do, but do it more.
I want to try and do sit-ups at night, and if I don't do the exact number I want...
If I want to do 100, but I have to stop at 75 or 50,
I know that I'm trying, and that I'll get there.
And one day, I'm going to find a way to be happy in my body.

No comments: