Saturday, July 5, 2008

Desk Shift # 36,274

Blarggh.....I take that back...
Double BLARRRGGGHHH!

Working yet another desk shift...
This time, I'm working on what should be my break
Because I'm on weekend duty
But because it's the holiday weekend,
No one else wanted to work...
And hey, why ruin their holiday too?

Anyway, I'm working 10-2 today
And I was on duty the last two nights...
I'm on tonight as well
And then desk 10-2 tomorrow,
And the other desk from 8-12 at night.
All this makes for a lovely (ugh) 4th of July weekend.

There were some good things...
Brittany and Nicole came up to visit me
And we went out to dinner...
Though we had to hurry back
Because I was on duty...
We played with sparklers
And Gregg from the desk joined us for a little...
I try to brighten everyone's crappy holidays...

At any rate, I got through the night...
Now only one more to go...
On the brighter side,
All this has given me much more time
To read more books!

2 comments:

Ahhlee! said...

Sorry your holiday sucked! I spent mine alone as well. Everyone went out of town for the weekend except me and Alice, and the 4th isn't a holiday here so I didn't get to celebrate at all.

Hope your summer is going well otherwise.

Unknown said...

I spent mine alone, I had a shitty day at work too. An old lady made me cry, but whatev. I got to hang out with carson which was a plus, except it was 1115 at night when I went over there.

Hmm, visiting you sounds like a good idea I may look into that.

I hope you have a great time making money other than crappy hours!